Thursday, July 31, 2008

Mom and Me Gymnastics Class






I have debated on whether or not to let AK try Gymnastics or cheerleading. Being a former cheerleader and a coach, I know that it is a dangerous sport. When she was a baby, I was only going to allow dance. But, she does flips and jumps all the time around the house, so, I gave in, and we started gymnastics tonight. And she loved it! She really didn't like the "boy" teachers, but she loved the Beam and the rings. But, her favorite part was watching the competitive cheer team practice their tumbling after her class. We had to make a quick departure because she wanted to get out on the floor with them. I was kind of hoping that she wouldn't like it or suck at it, but neither of those things happened. Enjoy the pics!

2 comments:

Peyton said...

She looks like a natural to me. Marlee really loves her gymnastics class as well. It seems like if you start them young then they pick up on things easier because they have no fear and are more limber.

The Lantrip Family said...

Jamie! Hi! It's Mandy Segrest Lantrip! What a sweetie you have! She looks just like you to me! Looks like life is going great and things are good. She will be just like you, dancing, jumping, cheering and most of all always smiling with that big O grin you always had!! So glad I found you on here so I can check in on you. You look great!!!!