Monday, May 12, 2008

We Got Fish


Refusing to look at the camera.


Watching the fish swim.


So proud to be feeding her fish.


Today, I went to the dirty mart to get a few things. I was making my way over to get my eye make-up remover (which I never did purchase), we stopped to see the fish. Somehow, Mom got suckered into buying two goldfish. We tried for about 20 min to get someone to help us, but of course, no one showed up. So after listening to Ace yell for the 10th time, I quickly put some water in a bag, treated it, and managed to get the cabinet open and grab up two goldfish. When I went to checkout, the cashier noticed that the "Fish Lady" did not write the UPC code on the bag for the fish and that it was really strange because she was really good about that. She then proceeded to ask me if I knew who got the fish for me. I had to fess up that I took the fish out of the tank. Then in front of my kids, she said, "Well, I hope to God they don't die." WHAT????? I don't even think AK knows what it means to die and I sure did not want to explain that to her in the express line at Walmart. I took a deep breath and told the gal that the fish were 28 cents a piece, but no, she had to have that freaking UPC code. After about 10 min in line, we walked away with the fish.
They are sleeping in her room tonight. Please Lord, let them be alive in the morning.

Meet AK's fish sweetly named Dad and AK.

1 comment:

Landrum Family said...

I'll say a prayer for durable fish!